- “When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points.”
- “When a person should be spoken with, and you don’t speak with them, you lose them. When a person shouldn’t be spoken with and you speak to them, you waste your breath. The wise do not lose people, nor do they waste their breath.”
- “No lake so still but it has its wave.
No circle so perfect but that it has its blur.
I would change things for you if I could;
As I can’t you must take them as they are.”
- “By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart.”
- “Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.”
- “The Man who says he can, and the man who says he can not – both are usually correct.”
- “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.”
- “Virtuous, they are free from anxieties; wise they are free from perplexities; and bold they are free from fear.”
- “The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.”
- “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”
- “Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.”
– Confucius (551–479 BC)