- “One little person, giving all of her time to peace, makes news. Many people, giving some of their time, can make history.”
- “When you approach others in judgement they will be on the defensive. When you are able to approach them in a kindly, loving manner without judgement they will tend to judge themselves and be transformed.”
- “I deal with spiritual truth which should never be sold and need never be bought. When you are ready it will be given. – those who sell it injure themselves spiritually.”
- “This is the way of peace – overcome evil with good, and falsehood with truth, and hatred with love.
Please don’t say lightly that these are just religious concepts and not practical. These are laws governing human conduct, which apply as rigidly as the law of gravity. When we disregard these laws in any walk of life, chaos results.
Through obedience to these laws this world of ours will enter a period of peace and richness of life beyond our fondest dreams.”
- “There is a criterion by which you can judge whether the thoughts you are thinking and the things you are doing are right for you. The criterion is: Have they brought you inner peace? If they have not, there is something wrong with them! So keep seeking! If what you do has brought you inner peace, stay with what you believe is right.”
- “How good it is to work in the invigorating fresh air under the life-giving sun amid the inspiring beauty of nature. There are many who recognize this… How good it is to earn you livelihood by contributing constructively to the society in which you live – everyone should, of course, and in a healthy society everyone would.”
- “I shall remain a wanderer until mankind has learned the way of peace; walking until given shelter and fasting until given food.”
Peace Pilgrim (1908 – 1981)